Handle The Aftermath Of An Accident With These Steps
You do your best to be a safe, distraction-free driver. You try to maintain your property and keep it in a safe condition. Unfortunately, not every driver follows driving best practices, and not every property owner maintains their facilities. As a result, injuries happen.
Rawdon & Cantrill Attorneys At Law wants you to be prepared to handle the aftermath of an injury. Founding attorney Richard M. Rawdon will help you in your recovery efforts and work as an advocate to help you receive the money you deserve when pursuing a personal injury claim.
Steps At The Scene
Knowing what to do after a car, truck or motorcycle crash can be crucial to recovery efforts. The right actions can aid in financial and emotional support as you recover from your injury.
- Stay at the scene: Regardless of what happened, stay at the scene.
- Promote safety: Check your passengers and other parties if you are able. If you were in a car collision, you will want to make sure that you are visible to other drivers on the road. This could mean moving your car to the shoulder if possible.
- Call the police: If you are hurt, call law enforcement. You will want a report filed.
- Call your lawyer: Call your lawyer and explain what happened. A lawyer will advise you on how to talk to the police and other parties involved.
- Exchange information: Exchange your insurance and contact information with the other party. Follow your lawyer’s advice.
Steps After The Accident
- Keep hospital records: Keep thorough records of your appointments. Create a list that indexes the date, time and place for all your appointments.
- Record bills: Keep a running record of all medical charges. Your lawyer will advocate for reimbursement on your behalf. Thorough, easy to track records are helpful.
- Monitor all correspondence: Make a file for all correspondence with your insurance company and the police. If the conversation is oral, make note of who you spoke with, their contact information and type a transcript of the conversation. Keep all paper or virtual correspondence as well.
- Communicate with your lawyer: Don’t withhold information from your lawyer. Keep him or her in the loop regarding any correspondence and changing medical needs. Your lawyer is on your side and wants to hear from you.
Learn More About What To Do After An Accident
Rawdon & Cantrill Attorneys At Law cares about you and the Kentucky community. If you’ve been in a crash, contact the law firm right away. As a member of the community, Mr. Rawdon will treat you with the care and respect you deserve. Like training for a marathon, he will stay in the race to help you get great results. Call 502-316-6509 or send an email to get a consultation in Georgetown.