Richard M. Rawdon, Jr.
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Criminal Law
- Bank & Lender Liability
For 34 years, Dick was a high school and small college football official.
In Havana, Cuba, 2000, with fisherman Hemingway wrote about in Old Man the Sea.
Richard M. Rawdon, Jr. a 1968 graduate of Louis Brandeis College of Law of the University of Louisville and a 1965 graduate of Colgate University, is a former President and current Board of Governors Member of the Kentucky Justice Association, former Governor of the American Association of Justice, an invited member of the American Board of Trial Advocates and current KY Chapter representative of its Board of Directors, and the National Trial Lawyers. His is the former Scott County Attorney.
Mr. Rawdon regularly achieves over 50 continuing legal education hours per year. He has attended the Lawyers' Post-Graduate Clinic in Chicago, two Court Practice Institutes, each a week long in Chicago, the week-long National College Advocacy's Ultimate Trial Advocacy Course in Miami and Post-Ultimate Trial Advocacy course in Charleston, S.C. He attends seminars sponsored by American Association of Justice, and KJA. He has given presentation in California, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Dakota, and Kentucky for the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Mississippi Trial Lawyers Association, North Dakota Trial Lawyers, Kentucky Academy of Trial Attorneys, University of Kentucky, and Northern Kentucky University.
He served/chaired numerous committees for AAJ, KJA, and KBA. Active in local civic organizations, he served as president of the Ruritan Club, Optimist Club, and the Georgetown-Scott County Chamber of Commerce. He refereed high school football for over 30 years. Mr. Rawdon was a charter member of Leadership Kentucky in 1985.
- University of Louisville School of Law, Louisville, Kentucky
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1968
- Colgate University, Hamilton, New York
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1965
- Kentucky, 1968
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 1972
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1990
- U.S. Court of Veterans Appeals, 1972
Fraternities Or Sororities
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Sigma Nu
- Kentucky Justice Association, Governor - 1978, President - 1984
- American Association for Justice, Member, 1974 - Present, Board of Governors, 1985 - 1991
- American Board of Trial Advocates, (KY Chapter Representative of the Board of Directors, 2020), 1997 to Present
- Kentucky Bar Association, Former Member, Ethics Committee, Communications Committee
- Stamping Ground Ruritan Club, 3 Time President
- Georgetown Scott County Chamber of Commerce, President - 1979
- Central Kentucky Football Officials Association, President - 1983
- Kentucky Growers Insurance Company, Director - 2000 to present
- National Trial Lawyers, 2009 to Present
Dick’s hobby is running marathons. Since 2001, he has run 12 marathons in Europe and over 45 altogether. His marathons include Boston (nine times), New York, San Francisco, Big Sur (Carmel, California), Paris, Vienna, Stockholm, Berlin, Dublin, Amsterdam plus smaller races in Italy, France, Salzburg, Austria and Davos, Switzerland.
Marathon in the
JUBILEE MARATHON, STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN